KANSAS CITY STREETCAR
KC connects – free of charge – by way of the Kansas City Streetcar at your favorite historical monument, Union Station. Make a memorable affair of your visit by parking in our four-level West Yards Garage and grab a bite to eat at Harvey's for breakfast or lunch and experience the ambiance of KC's most historic venue from the balcony, Pierpont's for all-day dining and a cocktail from the 20 foot Library Ladder Bar or a hand-crafted cup of coffee, speciality drinks or pastries at Parisi café. Then go to the east side of the building, located on Main Street, to jump on the streetcar and head downtown for all of KC’s excitement or an event of your own. Visit KC Streetcar for routes, schedules, and FAQs.
Kansas City's bike sharing system is here for short trips around the Downtown area. Union Station's B-station is located on the east side of the building facing Main. Visit kansascity.bcycle.com to learn more about the service and see the rates and plans.
Kansas City's bus system makes several daily stops at Union Station. Visit the Metro website for routes and schedules.
Available to and from the Station.
- Checker Cab: (816) 444-4444
- Yellow Cab: (816) 471-5000
- Advanced Suburban Taxi: (913) 209-9393
Daily arrivals and departures from Union Station.
- The Southwest Chief operates between Chicago and Los Angeles, with Kansas City Union Station as an important stop.
- The Missouri River Runner travels from Kansas City to St. Louis and includes additional stops in Independence, Lees Summit, Warrensburg, Sedalia, Jefferson City, Hermann, Washington and Kirkwood.
Visit the Amtrak website for more information.
Union Station Bicycle & Operator Policy: As a transportation hub, Union Station Kansas City (USKC) encourages cyclists to experience the Station attractions and restaurants.
- For cyclists' convenience, USKC provides exterior bike racks for the general public and guests on the east and west sides of the main building as well as a bike rack in the Southwest parking lot.
- A reserved bike rack for tenants and employees of Union Station Kansas City is located on Level B OK Street.
- Union Station regulations prohibit the attachment of bicycles to trees, posts, signs, stairwells, railings, or handicapped ramps on the exterior or interior areas of the property. Any bicycle found secured to any object other than a bike rack is subject to removal by Union Station Security.
- No bicycles are allowed to be parked or stored in the interior building of Union Station. Union Station does, however, allow cyclists to transport their bicycles through Union Station to access Amtrak or for crossing the Michael R. Haverty Freight House Bridge. The bike must be clean and the wheels free of debris. The operator must walk the bicycle through the interior of building to those approved destinations.
- Cyclists must have street or nonabrasive shoes that will not penetrate or damage floors in Union Station.
- Bicycles left locked to Union Station bike racks for more than seventy-two (72) hours are also subject to removal.
- If you are a tenant or employee of USKC and need to leave your bicycle parked at the tenant bike rack on Level B, please contact USKC security (816) 460-2030 to make arrangements.
- Bicycles that are removed from any of the bike racks will be held by Union Station for 30 days and, if unclaimed, will be donated to a local Kansas City charity.
- Union Station is not responsible for safeguarding bicycles while secured to bike racks. Union Station is not responsible for any loss, damage or theft of cyclist's property.